By: iamAldonLopez | April 8, 2019
As they always said ‘literally it’s just a number’; however, when you are in the situation, it certainly feel like a version of death — the death of my youth! And it’s the outlook that somehow no longer in my 20’s means my life doesn’t hold the same value anymore. Basically, I’m having a hard time with this realization that I have completed 3-decades of my life already, because I always still feel like I’m 20. It even freaks me out about the fact that I’m getting older and I still don’t have a serious relationship. Therefore, whoever read this around the world. If you can relate, single and ready to mingle! Just comment on the ‘comment section’ and let’s get it on because I feel like I’m on the strict timeline now! (Kidding aside!!!)
Moreover, I’m forever be grateful for all the things happened over the past 29 years. It was indeed a great journey! Now that I’m welcoming my life to 30 I am excited to see what the future holds. Looking back, I wrote a message on my Instagram and Facebook last year when I turned 29. So, I’ll add one more item.
Let’s take a look on this:
“Hello everyone! Today is my 29th birthday. Apparently time flies when you’re having fun. Yet in all honestly, I barely feel any different than I did when I was a kid. The biggest difference between then and now is that I feel much more confident in my own body and mind. I no longer ask permission to my parent whatever decisions I want. Well, a few differences, I guess.
In my 29 years of existence on earth, I still feel like a total kid. Always learning, always making mistakes, always feeling like I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. Yet, I’m doing my best to follow my dreams anyway.
We all know that this is the last birthday I will have before I enter to my 3rd decade, I might as well share some of the things I have learned all throughout my existence:
1. TRY. I always told myself to try new things. After all, there’s no harm in trying. If you don’t even try, you’ll never have a chance at succeeding. Yes, trying new things is scary – you may sometimes fail or might not- at least you learn something important along the way.
2. DO IT. Do not procrastinate. If you’re aiming for something, take the risk. The risk is worth it.
3. BELIEVE. Always believe in yourself. Yes, you may encounter critics/criticism from others along the way that may seem to affect your confidence but as long as you believe in yourself. Nothing is impossible.
4. BE WISE. You don’t need to be a smart at all times. As long as you are wiser enough of whatever decisions in life you made. You can definitely use your experience to do everything. I will be forever grateful to my parents who were always focused on giving me memories and experiences rather than just a bunch of crap.
5. FAILURE. Yes, all of us encounter failures but it doesn’t mean the world is going to explode. Just imagine a life with NO failure… you will never accomplish anything. “The only way to learn and grow is to pick yourself back up and try again.”
6. DO NOT COMPARE. Comparison isn’t worth it. No matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you will never become someone else. It’s always better to focus on bringing out your own strengths. Embrace who you are and the best you can be.
7. LISTEN TO YOUR LOVED ONES. They are the ones who will always see your true potential and never give up on you.
8. SUCCESS IS NOT CONSTANT. It is not even a straight line. As much as driven people want to make constant gains and always move forward at a rapid pace in their careers. You always remember that ‘life doesn’t usually work that way’. You will always have setbacks, things will stall at times, and sometimes, things just won’t work out the way you want it to be. You just have keep moving forward, don’t give up, and you will succeed in the long run. As per Gordon B. Hinckley – “You have not failed until you quit trying.”
9. LEARN TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. This is actually one of the most important things. I used not to listen to my body and I ended up being sick at times. If you feel it needs rest, then rest.
10. BE HEALTHY. Always eat healthy food when working out towards your goal.
11. BE FRIENDLY: Always be friendly and never stop liking something just because you think others will judge you and think it’s uncool. Set your own standard of being friendly.
12. BE GENEROUS. Always give something in your own little way without expecting anything in return.
13. BE PATIENCE . If you’re aiming for something and you feel like you waiting for too long and you become impatience. Don’t feel negative about it. Sometimes the universe has its own way to test our patience.
14. DREAM BIG. Following your dream is scary, but living a life full of regrets is even scarier. If your dreams don’t scare you, then they aren’t big enough.
15. BE HUMBLE. Yes, it’s really hard to do this thing especially nowadays where everything you have can be put in social media. Of course, few people think you are perfect in every way. However, always remember this – “humility remains an important virtue. It can help you develop more fully and enjoy richer relationships with others, as well as create opportunities and earn you respect.
16. BE GRATEFUL. Always remember to be grateful for what you have. Though you have undoubtedly worked hard for what you have, you could not have done it all without other people’s support.
17. DON’T / AVOID BRAGGING. It’s okay to have a healthy self-esteem and to feel proud of your accomplishments, but nobody likes it when someone constantly tries to bring attention to themselves and their own achievements. If you feel like you really have done something great, chances are people will have already begun to notice that, and they will come to respect you even more.
18. LEARN TO APPRECIATE. Being able to appreciate the talents and qualities of other people can also make you recognize qualities that you want to improve or attain within yourself.
19. REMAIN TEACHABLE. Always remember that nobody is perfect or the best of anything. There will always be people who are better at you at something, and therein lies the opportunity to learn from them. You can always find people you aspire to be like in certain areas, and ask them to mentor you.
20. APOLOGIZE. If you have made a mistake, then confess and admit that you are wrong.
21. BE A NATURE LOVER. Spending time more in nature will make you see how big and complicated the nature world is— and that you’re not at the center of it.
22. SPEND TIME WITH CHILDREN. Spending more time around children will remind you of how magical the world is.
23. BE COURAGEOUS. Courage is a habit but most of us aren’t born courageous, so we shouldn’t expect to magically acquire it without practice. As per Brene Brown from her book entitled The Gift of Imperfection, “Courage is… a habit, a virtue: You get it by courageous acts. It’s like you learn to swim by swimming. You learn courage by couraging.”
24. BE POSITIVE. Many of us have a “negativity bias” that causes us to pay more attention to disapproval than to positive reinforcement. Let’s focus on the positive vibes always.
25. BE STRONG. Being strong is not just about being physically strong. I always remember what my Landlady(tita Orrie)in Baguio said “whatever circumstances are in life, one must face it without any fear.” Always be strong.
26. CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE. Sometimes, we encounter situations in which we really are helpless to enact change. However, no matter what the situation is, you can always control your attitude towards life.
27. BALANCE YOUR WORK, REST AND OTHER ACTIVITIES. Getting a good balance between work and play will definitely allow you to appreciate each mode for what it’s worth.
28. DON’T TAKE THINGS SO SERIOUSLY. Let’s face it, life is just more fun when it isn’t taken seriously. And while making fun and being happy certainly isn’t all life has to offer, it’s an important part, right?
And definitely but not the least…
29. HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF AND IN GOD. Yes, I made it this far and I know that I can make it through just one more day. And if I can take it just one day at a time, or even a moment at a time, I can survive whatever I’m going through. Thank you God for another year and for always being there. “
Here’s to another 30 years…
30.WISHING MYSELF TO HAVE A SERIOUS AND LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP. I’m not getting any younger anymore.
P.S Thank you all for your birthday greetings. I love you!
#birthdaymessage #birthdaymonth #wish #aries